Thursday, April 7, 2011

Revival!

So a lot has happened in the past couple years. I'd like to blame my lack of blogging on that, but I like to own my weaknesses. Let's face it. I'm still a bad blogger. I've kept telling my friends for the past 3 years that I'm going to start my blog again, and I keep lying to them (not that I mean to...it just happens).

Today I got a phone call from Casey
(one of the things that's happened to me in the past couple years. Casey is my husband. My main squeeze. He's cute. He's cuddly. I think I'll keep him.) telling me that Radio From Hell (the only radio show that I care about listening to) was broadcasting at this divey little restaurant down the street from my house. So I waited for Elliott
(one of the other things that's happened to me in the past couple years. Also cute. Also cuddly. Way needier than his dad.) to wake up from his mid-morning nap so I could head down there.


This place is delicious. It's called Sill's. Casey introduced me to it when we were dating. It's been around forever but when they revamped I-15 Sill's had to relocate, which they did in an old dine-in Pizza Hut.

I ordered the ham and eggs breakfast. Did I want to substitute a scone for my toast? Yes, please.


As a side note, sometimes Cassidy

(one of the four other things that's happened to me - I have 4 step kids who live with us. Cassidy is 11. And awesome.) wants scones for dinner so I'll drive to Sill's and grab scones for the family. A word to the wise, paying $10 for scones to feed the family is so worth not having to clean the kitchen after frying things with an 11 year old.

Back to the breakfast. Eggs: meh. Hash browns: really good. Ham: after a little dab of the napkin, delectable. Scone: Huge and tasty. All around, worth the money. Don't go out of your way to go to Sill's, but if you're in the area, totally go.

No comments: