Sunday, January 27, 2008

Catching up...

I have to apologize for being a neglectful blogger. I'd say I have just been really, really busy for the past few months, but I'd be lying. Here's the sitch...Danny and I have been out to breakfast almost every weekend to a new place and I've just gotten lazy. So here's a quick update and a vow that I'll be much better from this point on. :)
"The Other Place" Greek diner...469 E. Broadway, SLC.

I got the French Toast combo. It came with a huge amount of food, but when I ask for my eggs scrambled with cheese I assume I'm not going to get an egg patty with a Kraft single on top.

Danny got some sort of omelette...nothing to write home about. Basically the most memorable part of the meal was how badly the waitresses were dressed and their crazy sneakers with springs on the back. We will not be doing breakfast here again.

Next..."Eggs in the City". 1675 E. 1300 S., SLC This little gem is tucked away in Sugarhouse and we go here a lot. Hillary Clinton has terrible man hair. (Sorry...tv won for a second there). Here are just a few examples of what to get. Sidenote: you can substitute French Toast as your side for pretty much anything you order. A word to the wise...do it.

Breakfast Burrito smothered in chile verde (really, can anything smothered in chile verde be a bad thing?)

Example of a "side" of french toast in the stead of home fries...

Another smothered burrito...

Biscuits and gravy - Danny's only complaint is that they give you too *much* gravy.

Citris Grill - 219 E. 12300 S., Draper. Very minimalistic in decor, which is nice, but it also means it's not very comfortable and is very cold (bring a sweater). The menu is full of creative twists on traditional breakfasts and is well worth the price of admission.

Danny got the crunchy almond french toast which is stuffed with sweetened cream cheese, along with a side of sausage that I'm pretty sure is home made.

I got the French Toast Foster and a side of hash browns. I was not disappointed.

Finn's Scandinavian Restaurant - 1624 S. 1100 E., SLC. This one is easy to miss if you don't keep your eyes peeled.

Pants got the bacon and eggs breakfast. It was back in October, so I don't remember details but she really liked it.

Danny and I both got the special of the day which was the mashed potato omelette. It had bacon and havarti cheese in it and even months later it's a meal to remember.

Market Street Grill - 2985 E. Cottonwood parkway, SLC

We both got the eggs benedict and got out of there for less than $13 combined (with drinks). They give you free orange rolls. Go. You won't regret it.